Drinking water services are critical to the development of Oman. The Public Authority for Water(Diam) provides high quality sustainable and reliable potable water services to all people in the Sultanate of Oman.
The Public Authority for Electricity and Water (Diam) was established in 2007, by the promulgation of Royal decree 92/2007. It was followed by a Royal decree (58/2009) defining the responsibilities and jurisdiction of the PAEW. By Royal Decree 42/2018, "Public Authority for Electricity and Water" was replaced with name "Public Authority for Water".
Diam - The Public Authority for Water is the regulator for the water sector in Oman. In addition to this, Diam is also a direct water service provider, responsible for supplying potable water to all homes and businesses in Oman except in the Dhofar governorate.
As part of its role, Diam is:
- Distributing water across the Sultanate of Oman
- Expanding through new projects to provide water access to everybody in Oman
- Building, operating and maintaining the water plants and networks
- Setting rules and requirements for water related activities in the country
- Approving and monitoring the technical specifications for water equipment and tools
- Encouraging the private sector to invest in construction, ownership, operation maintenance and development of the water projects.
Diam's Vision is to be a world class utility contributing to the sustainable development of Oman.
Diam's Mission is to ensure the provision of high quality, sustainable and reliable potable water services in the Sultanate of Oman.
In order to achieve the Vision and Mission - in line with Government Policy of expanding water access countrywide - Diam has prepared a strategy based on the following strategic themes:
- People & Communication
- Customer Centricity
- Financial Sustainability
- Asset Management and Operational Excellence
In order to achieve Diam’s Vision, Mission, Policies and Value, Diam continuously monitor, regularly report and measure the progress of actions taken using Integrated Management System (IMS) in order to ensure their overall effectiveness and efficiency.